question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 0 2

RKD Api Field Identifier USR_DEF_T1

Hello,

I've been trying to figure out how to get value into Field Identifier USR_DEF_T1. Can someone try to give me some advice?

Here is a piece of my json request:

{

"RetrieveItem_Request_3": {

"TrimResponse": false,
"ItemRequest": {

"Fields": "DSPLY_NAME:CURRENCY:HST_CLOSE:HSTCLSDATE:USR_DEF_T1",
"RequestKey": [
{"Name": "MSFT.O","NameType": "RIC"},
{"Name": "AAPL.O","NameType": "RIC"}
],
"Scope": "List",
"ProvideChainLinks": true
}
}
}

I guess I need to add an item to the section RequestKey, but I haven't figured out what key to use.

Thank you.

M.

#technology#contentrkd-apirkd
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
24.4k 53 17 14

Hello @mgondek

Based on my investigation above, have you tried with other RICs?

I highly recommend you contact the RKD support team directly to help you with this RKD content issue. You can contact the RKD support team via https://my.refinitiv.com/content/mytr/en/productsupport.html website.

contact-rkd-content.png

Hope this helps.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
24.4k 53 17 14

Hello @mgondek

Thank you for contacting us. Please be informed that your Quote JSON request message is already valid, the requested filed names need to be specified in the request message's "Fields" attribute as follows:

rkd-quote-request-1.png

I did a quick test on the RKD API Portal page, the API returns the DSPLY_NAME, CURRENCY, HT_CLOSE, and HSTCLSDATE fields data for the "DSPLY_NAME:CURRENCY:HST_CLOSE:HSTCLSDATE:USR_DEF_T1" fields request.

rkd-result.png

So, I re-tested by requesting the "all fields" data with the following JSON request message:

{
    "RetrieveItem_Request_3": {
        "ItemRequest": [{
            "Fields": "",
            "RequestKey": [{
                    "Name": "MSFT.O",
                    "NameType": "RIC"
                },
                {
                    "Name": "AAPL.O",
                    "NameType": "RIC"
                }
            ],
            "ExpandChains": true,
            "Scope": "All"
        }],
        "TrimResponse": false,
        "IncludeChildItemQoS": false
    }
}

The USR_DEF_T1 field data also did not return from the API, so I am suspecting that the "MSFT.O" and "AAPL.O" RICs' USR_DEF_T1 field data are not available on RKD.

rkd-result.png (47.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 0 0 2

Thank you both. What I was hoping, that the USR_DEF_T1 field can be filled in the same way as in DSS UserDefinedIdentifier. I will try to contact RKD support.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 0 0 2

According to support, it is not possible to use this field for your own purposes.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.