question

Upvotes
Accepted
31 7 8 17

Authentification API

Hi all,

I'm investigating the feasability of a project using Refinitiv APIs. In the end-product, users would have to authenticate themselves to your products (e.g.: RDP APIs, ...), and I was wondering if you had an API allowing developers to use your Single Sign On (SSO) tech to authenticate themselves to several of your products (APIs) at once? This way, end-product users wouldn't have to create brand new credentials for my end-product, and I could rely on your secure SSO.

#technologyapihtmlsso
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@danieluphromes

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
24.7k 54 17 14

Hello @danieluphromes

Thank you for contacting us. If you are using the RDP APIs services to retrieve data from Refinitiv, the RDP Authentication service supports OAuth 2.0 specification entitlement check with the following workflow

1. The application gets a token from RDP Auth Service
  2. Once the authentication success, the function gets the RDP Auth service response message that contains the access token, refresh token, and token expiration information.
  3. The application sends request messages to other RDP Data services (ESG, Fund, Lipper, News, etc) with the access token in the request message header

Note: Each RDP service requires separate permission.

workflow-3-0.png

You can find more detail about the RDP APIs workflow and Token Authentication from the following resources

If you mean you want a single API that can log in you to all Refinitiv APIs products (Eikon/Workspace, TRTH, DSS, Datatstream, RKD API, etc). Unfortunately, they are using different accounts and there is no API for that.

workflow-3-0.png (21.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.