question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 0 1

Multiple RICs for date range using RDP api

Is there a way to query for multiple RICs using the following rdp.get_historical_price_summaries? can we define the date range as well?

rdp.get_historical_price_summaries(
    universe = 'VOD.L', 
    interval = rdp.Intervals.DAILY,
    fields = ['BID','ASK','OPEN_PRC','HIGH_1','LOW_1','TRDPRC_1','NUM_MOVES','TRNOVR_UNS']
)
rdp-api#product
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@ehbok.khongshun

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
4.9k 16 2 7

Hi @ehbok.khongshun ,

Thank you for your question. You may specify start and end parameters in your request. However, I would suggest using our latest Refinitiv Data Libraries API, where you can specify multiple RICs and start/end dates. Here is an example:

rd.get_history(
    universe = ['LSEG.L','VOD.L'], 
    interval = 'daily',
    start = '2023-01-01',
    end = '2023-03-01',
    fields = ['BID','ASK','OPEN_PRC','HIGH_1','LOW_1','TRDPRC_1','NUM_MOVES','TRNOVR_UNS']
)

screenshot-2023-02-21-at-155452.png

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Haykaz

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
3 0 0 1

Hi Haykaz,

I'm getting the following error when I use the rdp.get_history

AttributeError: module 'refinitiv.dataplatform' has no attribute 'get_history'

Here is how I connected to rdp:

1677504863415.png

1677504863415.png (26.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @ehbok.khongshun ,

My example above is using RD Libriaries instead of RDP, so please kindly try rd.get_history after installing refinitiv.data. There you would be able to specify multiple RICs.

Best regards,

Haykaz

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.