Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
646 21 32 41

python eikon api returns 2 record for 1 ric

Here is what I get:

>>> ek.get_data( instruments = ['VINO.OQ'], fields =  ["TR.SEDOL",'TR.SEDOLCODE', "TR.ISIN",'TR.ISINCODE'] )
(  Instrument    SEDOL SEDOL Code          ISIN     ISIN Code
0    VINO.OQ  BNKLQX8    BP2TPL5  US36809R3057  US36809R3057
1    VINO.OQ  BP2TPL5                                       , None)

The question is why I'm getting 2 records for 1 request.

#product#contentpython api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @igorg ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text on the left side of the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

@igorg

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
17.2k 82 39 63

Hi @igorg

It is usually best to reach out to the Helpdesk via the desktop application by pressing F1-Help or selecting the menu option "Get Help & Support" if you have questions related to the content.

That being said, I believe you are receiving 2 SEDOL values because of where this instrument is traded. Researching a little, I believe the RIC (VINO.OQ) is traded on both the LSE (London Stock Exchange) [SEDOL: "BNKLQX8"] as well as the Nasdaq [SEDOL: "BP2TPL5"].

You can confirm with the helpdesk.

Thanks.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
646 21 32 41

Hi @nick.zincone ,

Support says BNKLQX8 is an old value and BP2TPL5 is a new one , that was replaced.

Is there a way to request only the current actual value?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
17.2k 82 39 63

Hi @igorg

Looking at your result above, if you only request for TR.SEDOLCODE, and not TR.SEDOL, this should get you the actual value. From a coding perspective, this seems to be what you are after, but support can confirm if this is the correct field.

1679059374392.png

1679059374392.png (9.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.