For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
6 1 2 7

[Real Time optimized][websocket Python API] The reason why there are large difference Price between RTO and other Platform(Workspace, etc)

As I have attached the capture, in my environment, there are large difference Price(USDJPY) between RTO(real time optimized) and other Platform(Workspace, etc). (ric = '/JPY=')

I am not sure the reason(I should check other field, data in RTO or I might not get the best bid, ask price, etc.). It does not seem to have some lag or latency, so I am glad if you tell me the reason and how to get the right real time price .rto_20230406.PNG

I am referring below URL and getting the USDJPY.

https://developers.refinitiv.com/en/api-catalog/refinitiv-real-time-opnsrc/refinitiv-websocket-api/quick-start#connecting-to-refinitiv-real-time-optimized

I am using like these scripts

https://github.com/Refinitiv/websocket-api/blob/master/Applications/Examples/RDP/python/market_price_rdpgw_service_discovery.py

pythonworkspace#contentwebsocketsrefinitiv-realtime-optimised
rto-20230406.png (240.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @kunitaka.tsukamoto ,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
22.1k 59 14 21

Hello @kunitaka.tsukamoto,

In the workspace you are looking at the real-time price for JPY=. In the RTO, you are subscribing to the delayed data for /JPY=.

/ in front of the RIC represents a delayed instrument. You can subscribe to real time data for JPY=, if you have right permissions. For, troubleshooting data issues, please raise a content support ticket at my.refinitiv.com - we can only help with technical issues on these forums.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Gurpreet Thank you for your quick response and your advice!! After I removed "/", it seems to get right real time price!! Thank you !!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.