Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

Error code 403

Hey,

I am using the eikon library in python. I have generated API keys. The problem I am facing that after a few runs, I get the error:

Error code 403 | Client Error: {"ErrorCode":1401,"ErrorMessage":"Application id ... is invalid"}

As soon as I generate another one and use that, it works. Is there a sort of run/time limit on the API keys?

Thank you,
Zsuzsanna

eikon-data-api#producterror-403
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @zsnagy

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

@zsnagy

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
14.2k 30 5 10

Hi @zsnagy ,

It should not be returning the message you've got in case it reached the limit. You can find more detail regarding the limit and the example that will return when the limit is reached at Eikon Data API Usage and Limits Guideline.

According to the error message, the application ID or application key is invalid, you can check the App Key Generator to check this application key status (if it's enabled/enabled)

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.