Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

Why do I get "permission denied" as analyst and broker names, using eikon API in Python.

Hello,

I am retrieving analysts' recommendations (1-5) for a set of companies, using my eikon API in Python. The data that I retrieve is historical, such that I want to know all the recommendations for a given company over the past 10 years.

For about one third of the recommendations, I am able to retrieve the specific names of the broker and analyst.

However, in two out of three output lines, it does not tell me the names of the broker and analyst. I get the output "Permission Denied" in the column analyst name and "Permission Denied XXX" (with a number) in the column broker name.

I wonder why that is? Should I include these cases in my data analysis or not? And how can I avoid duplicates if there is no identifier (name or code) available for about two thirds of the recommendations?

Attached you can find information on my output file and the code that I use.

Thank you for clarifying.

Bettina

Analyst and broker names permission denied.JPG

Analyst recommendations code.JPG

eikon-data-api#technologypython api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
14k 30 5 10

Hi @Bettina.DeRuyck ,

Thank you for participating in the forum. There's nothing wrong with your code as you can retrieve the data for some instruments properly and the permission denied error indicates that you don't have permission to access the fields for those instruments. Hence, please contact your Account Representative to discuss the permission/access of your account or you can raise a ticket via MyRefinitiv, then select Product and Content Support > Content: I cannot access specific content within the product, to check your permission/access

Hope this helps and please let me know in case you have any further questions.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.