question

Upvotes
Accepted
15 3 8 7

What are the differences between the Access Point 'platform.rdp' and 'desktop.workspace' within the refinitiv-data.config.json file ?

Recently, I requested and received permission for KOSPI and KOSDAQ data from the Korea Exchange (KRX). Therefore, I am trying to obtain a Chain RIC list for the indices using the refinitiv-data package. However, when the session in the refinitiv-data.config.json file is set as 'platform.rdp', as shown in Picture 1, it returns a warning and does not retrieve the data. When I modify the session to 'desktop.workspace', I can obtain the data successfully.

So, What is the reason for not being able to retrieve the data with the rdp session, despite having permission? And, What are the differences between 'platform.rdp' and 'desktop.workspace'?

picture1-20230613-refinitiv-data.jpg

"sessions": {
"default": "platform.rdp", -> This Point!!
"platform": {
"rdp": {
"app-key": "YOUR APP KEY GOES HERE!",
"username": "YOUR RDP LOGIN OR MACHINE GOES HERE!",
"password": "YOUR RDP PASSWORD GOES HERE!"
},
"deployed": {
"app-key": "YOUR APP KEY GOES HERE!",
"realtime-distribution-system": {
"url" : "YOUR DEPLOYED HOST:PORT GOES HERE!",
"dacs" : {
"username" : "YOUR DACS ID GOES HERE!",
"application-id" : 256,
"position" : ""
}
}
}
},
"desktop": {
"workspace": {
"app-key": "YOUR APP KEY GOES HERE!"
}
}
}
#technology#productrefinitiv-data-platformpython apipermissioning
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
79.2k 251 52 74

Thanks for reaching out to us.

The Refinitiv Data Library can retrieve data from the Refinitiv Data Platform (platform.rdp) and the desktop application running on the same machine (desktop.workspace).

1686628352398.png With the platform.rdp session, the library establishes the connection to the Refinitiv Data Platform on Cloud. However, with the desktop.workspace session, the library retrieves the data via the desktop application (Refinitiv Eikon or Refinitiv Workspace) running on the same machine so you need to run the desktop application on the same machine to use the desktop.workspace session.

For more information, please refer to the Refinitiv Data Library for Python overview.

The permission may be different between the platform.rdp session and the desktop.workspace session. Please contact your Refinitiv Account team or Sales team directly to verify the permission.

I hope that this information is of help.

1686628352398.png (123.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you Jirapongse :) After contacting the sales representative, it has been confirmed that this issue is related to the contractual relationship with the product.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.