For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

How to call dss soap api in java with credentials header in soap header?

Hi, here's some context before I start to ask my question

Java version: 17

Gradle version: 8.0

Plugin used to generate stub: https://github.com/yupzip/wsdl2java

WSDL file I am referring to: https://selectapi.datascope.refinitiv.com/DataScopeApi/v1/ExtractionService.asmx?WSDL

Currently I am trying to call ValidateInstruments soap api, and I believe I have to provide the credential in the soap header but I don't know where can I set the credential header, below are the ValidateInstruments web method generated by the wsdl2java plugin

1687247149391.png

The InstrumentValidationRequest object:

1687247205124.png

Please help me with this, thanks in advance.

#technology#productjavacredentialsdss-soap-api
1687247149391.png (66.7 KiB)
1687247205124.png (38.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @kks102613 ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

@kks102613

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
79.2k 251 52 74

@kks102613

I can use Apache CFX 2.X to generate classes for DSS SOAPI API.

1687313466835.png

It uses WSDL2Java to generate Java classes. I need to check "Enable processing of implicit SOAP headers" (-exsh true).

1687313505221.png

However, I need to modify the OperationInfoHeader.Duration property in OperationInfoHeader.java to String.

public class OperationInfoHeader {

@XmlElement(name = "Host")
    protected String host;
    @XmlElement(name = "EjvServer")
    protected String ejvServer;
    @XmlElement(name = "ProcessingTime", required = true)
    protected String processingTime;
    @XmlAnyAttribute
    private Map<QName, String> otherAttributes = new HashMap<QName, String>();
    public String getProcessingTime() {
        return processingTime;
    }

/**
     * Sets the value of the processingTime property.
     * @param value
     *     allowed object is
     *     {@link Duration }
     */
    public void setProcessingTime(Duration value) {
        this.processingTime = "";
    }
}

The example code is in the ExtractionService_ExtractionService_Client.java file. It looks like this:

ExtractionService_Service ss = new ExtractionService_Service(wsdlURL, SERVICE_NAME);
        ExtractionService port = ss.getExtractionService();

{
        System.out.println("Invoking getGovCorpCurrencyTypes...");
        com.datascope.select.extractionservice.v1.CredentialsHeader _getGovCorpCurrencyTypes_credentialsHeaderVal = new com.datascope.select.extractionservice.v1.CredentialsHeader();
        _getGovCorpCurrencyTypes_credentialsHeaderVal.setUsername("DSS User");
        _getGovCorpCurrencyTypes_credentialsHeaderVal.setPassword("DSS Password");
        _getGovCorpCurrencyTypes_credentialsHeaderVal.setAuthenticationToken("");
        jakarta.xml.ws.Holder<com.datascope.select.extractionservice.v1.CredentialsHeader> _getGovCorpCurrencyTypes_credentialsHeader = new jakarta.xml.ws.Holder<com.datascope.select.extractionservice.v1.CredentialsHeader>(_getGovCorpCurrencyTypes_credentialsHeaderVal);
        com.datascope.select.extractionservice.v1.EjvServerHeader _getGovCorpCurrencyTypes_ejvServerHeader = new com.datascope.select.extractionservice.v1.EjvServerHeader();
        _getGovCorpCurrencyTypes_ejvServerHeader.setServer("Server-33758018");
        jakarta.xml.ws.Holder<com.datascope.select.extractionservice.v1.OperationInfoHeader> _getGovCorpCurrencyTypes_operationInfoHeader = new jakarta.xml.ws.Holder<com.datascope.select.extractionservice.v1.OperationInfoHeader>();
        com.datascope.select.extractionservice.v1.ArrayOfValueInfo _getGovCorpCurrencyTypes__return = port.getGovCorpCurrencyTypes(_getGovCorpCurrencyTypes_credentialsHeader, _getGovCorpCurrencyTypes_ejvServerHeader, _getGovCorpCurrencyTypes_operationInfoHeader);
        System.out.println("getGovCorpCurrencyTypes.result=" + _getGovCorpCurrencyTypes__return);

System.out.println("getGovCorpCurrencyTypes._getGovCorpCurrencyTypes_credentialsHeader=" + _getGovCorpCurrencyTypes_credentialsHeader.value);
        System.out.println("getGovCorpCurrencyTypes._getGovCorpCurrencyTypes_operationInfoHeader=" + _getGovCorpCurrencyTypes_operationInfoHeader.value);

}

1687313466835.png (58.9 KiB)
1687313505221.png (60.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
79.2k 251 52 74

@kks102613

Thanks for reaching out to us.

DataScope Select - SOAP API is deprecated. We recommend using the Refinitiv DataScope Select - REST API instead.

You can refer to the DSS REST API tutorials and Java Code Examples.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @Jirapongse, thanks for your response, I know it is deprecated, but I have to use soap api due to some reason, could you provide an example on calling dss soap api using java? Your help is much appreciated.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.