Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
27 1 2 6

Symbology/Symbol Conversion API does not work as intended

Example 1: When I use Symbol Conversion to convert Ticker "RDHL" into RIC, the API response is RDHL.O. The news feed however, tags all RDHL news items with the RIC "2RH0y.F". This means that if I use the Symbol Conversion tool and news feed together, I will not be able to find news items as intended. Moreover, if I try to convert RIC "2RH0y.F" into Ticker via Symbol Conversion API, the response is "2RH0y", not RDHL.

Example 2: Company Genetic Technologies Ltd. The U.S. stock symbol is GENE. Using the Symbol Conversion API, Ticker "GENE" incorrectly converts into "GENES.TE". The correct RIC as used by the news tool is "GTG.AX". However, converting RIC "GTG.AX" back into Ticker, yields "GTG" instead of "GENE".

Example 3: Company Performance Shipping Inc. The U.S stock symbol is PSHG. Using the Symbol Conversion API, Ticker "PSHG" converts into PSHG.O. However, the news feed tags PSHG news items using the RIC "DS2.F" and sometimes even "DS2U.F". Similar to Example 1, this means that if I use the Symbol Conversion tool and news feed together, I will not be able to find news items as intended.

Common theme here is that the Symbology API seems to have trouble if a stock is traded on foreign markets.

refinitiv-dataplatform-eikon#technologysymbology
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @cmendolsohn ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,
AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
79.4k 253 52 74

@cmendolsohn

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I checked with Eikon and found the ticker symbols of RDHL.O, GENES.TE, and PSHG.O are RDHL, GENE, and PSHG respectively.
1687926685340.png

Moreover, the ticker symbols of 2RH0y.F, GTG.AX, and DS2.F are 2RH0, GTG, and DS2.

If it is a News Monitor app, you may need to contact the Eikon or Refinitiv Workspace support team via MyRefinitiv to verify why the app converts RDHL to 2RH0y.F.

1687926685340.png (76.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.