Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 1 4

Backend Error 400 ... creeping up regularly ... is there a way to avoid?

I am getting the famous 400 relatively often. Process runs fine, the slows. Same Code for ages, sometimes produces the error, sometimes not.

Is there a way to get to the bottom of it?

Had a couple of '500' as well, rarely though.

Again, absolutely no code changes from my side

Python 3.9.16, DataSPELL, Eikon 1.1.16

eikon-data-api#producterror-400error-500
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@the.swiss

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
5k 16 2 7

Hi @the.swiss ,

That's not an authentication issue, and perhaps is related to API overload. My colleague @jason.ramchandani01 is suggesting a workflow to overcome the issue in this thread. You may want to have a look and see if that can be applied to your case.

Best regards,

Haykaz

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
5k 16 2 7

HI @the.swiss ,

Are you using large number of RICs/fields in one request? Would you mind trying our latest RD Libraries for Python? Happy to suggest RD equivalent of your eikon code if required.

Best regards,

Haykaz

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 0 1 4

thanks, moving to RDP is on my list, however, failed a few times. Seemed temperamental.

do you have an easy guide?

cheers

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
5k 16 2 7

sure, I believe this GitHub repo would be very handful both for QuickStart and for more advanced queries.

Best regards,

Haykaz

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 0 1 4

Quick glance at it - not too obvious - will need more time soon

So apart from switching to RDP there really is no answer to random Error 400 and, lately, 500 errors creeping up?

Authentication issues?

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.