question

Upvotes
Accepted
2 2 2 5

OpenDACS and DACS info and profiling

Hola,

Tenemos las siguientes preguntas:

1. Se almacenan registros de auditoría de acceso a datos en OpenDACS?
  2. En caso de la respuesta a la pregunta anterior sea NO: Es en DACS donde se almacenan y desde donde se pueden consultar?
  3. OpenDACS permite permisionar datos a usuarios de DACS directamente?
  4. Es posible indicar una password asociada a un usuario DACS?

Gracias

#technology#productDACSopen-dacs
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
79.2k 251 52 74

@jorge.jimenez

1. The usage file should be in the current working directory of the application. However, the location of the file can be overridden by the API. Otherwise, the usage file can be sent to the DACS Sink Daemon if the DACS Sink Daemon sets the DACS_SNKD_P2P_USAGE, and DACS_SNKD_P2P_USAGE_SIZE configurations. Typically, the usage files are collected and processed via DACS Web UI so the audit process should be done via DACS Web UI.

2. DACS Sink Daemons depending on the settings can also maintain usage files. Again the usage files are collected and processed via DACS Web UI so the audit process should be done via DACS Web UI. Please contact the DACS support team to verify how DACS stores usage data.

3. OpenDACS API can't grant accesses to users. It can check if DACS users are allowed to access the data by using a Subject-Based Entitlement (SBE) or Content-Based Entitlement (CBE). For more information, please refer to this article: An Introduction to the DACS Entitlement System for OpenDACS Developers.

I suggest you contact the DACS support team directly via MyRefinitv for more information regarding DACS usage files and auditing processes.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks @Jirapongse

Upvotes
79.2k 251 52 74

@jorge.jimenez

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Do you mean DACS usage files?

As I know, it depends on how OpenDACS API connects to DACS Sink Daemons.

• For local DACS Sink Daemons, OpenDACS API controls the size and location of DACS usage files. However, DACS Sink Daemons can override it by using the DACS_SNKD_P2P_USAGE, and DACS_SNKD_P2P_USAGE_SIZE configurations.
  • For remote DACS Sink Daemons, OpenDACS API will not create the usage file. DACS Sink Daemons will create DACS usage files when using the DACS_SNKD_P2P_USAGE, and DACS_SNKD_P2P_USAGE_SIZE configurations.

Regarding indicating a password associated with a DACS user, I don't think DACS supports this feature but you can associate Token-Based Authentication with DACS users, as mentioned in this ADS Token-Based Authentication article.

However, please contact the DACS support team directly via MyRefinitiv to confirm this.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi Jirapongse,

Thanks for your answer. Let me clarify:

1. My first question in about WHERE is stored the usage files, in order to be requested for Auditory purposes.

2 If the answer to the previous question is NO: Is it in DACS where they are stored and from where they can be consulted?

3. OpenDACS allows to grant data access to DACS users directly? Or maybe the data profiling needs to be done always through DACS?

4. Is it possible to indicate a password associated with a DACS user? already answer. My understandig is: no directly, but yes with this feature configured in TREP.

Thanks in advance

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.