question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 0 0 3

RDP news file stream api error EDS.CFS.ODPSGatewayError

We are using APIDOCS GET File Stream API to download RDP news using endpoint such as https://api.refinitiv.com/file-store/v1/files/4703-bde5-03238e31-8638-ee06b2f5adcc/stream

Most of the time the API worked fine viz. we got an error 1 out 500+ invokation in a day or so.

In one case we got this error

ValueError: Unable to download news with href:https://api.refinitiv.com/file-store/v1/files/4703-bde5-03238e31-8638-ee06b2f5adcc/stream. Code 500, Message: {"error":{"id":"9c317ce0-a5ca-4691-83ad-e9eb55878068","code":"EDS.CFS.ODPSGatewayError","status":500,"message":"Unexpected Error Occurred"}}

Is there any explanation for this type of error code? When we retried the download much later it succeeded in downloading the news ok.

Regards
-Makarand Vaidya

#productnewsrdp
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @OneTick ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
22.2k 59 14 21

Hi @OneTick,

You should contact Refinitiv Support at my.refinitiv.com, and they should be able to look at server logs and advise why this error was generated. HTTP 500 is a server side error and nothing on your application would be able to fix this. You can add error handling code and retry after a wait.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks Gurpreet.

I want to know if this is a known issue or others have also seen this with the file streaming api.

@makarand.vaidya

As mentioned by my colleague, please contact Refinitiv Support at my.refinitiv.com, and they should be able to verify the cause of this issue.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.