For a deeper look into our World Check One API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads

question

Upvotes
Accepted
23 0 0 2

Screening with DELTA_SYNC and caseinfo false - media check hit not returned

Hi,

I make a synchronous screening via API for an existing case in WC1 with following parameters:

(request-target): post /v2/cases/xxxxx/screeningRequest

{"screeningMode":"DELTA_SYNC","caseInfo":"false"}

The response is: {"results":[]}

For the watchlist OGS is enabled, for media check not.

Immediately after the call I read the case details via API. There is no mandatory action included.

A littler bit later a media check hit appears in world check which causes problems in our back office.

This happened for some cases.

I thought the sync. screening should avoid such a situation.

How can I solve this? Is it related to the fact that OGS is not enabled for media check?

Should I implement some delay (how long?) after the screening (which would impact the performance of our front office application).

Thanks for your answer in advance.

Best Regards,

Reinhard

#productapiscreening-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @prieschr

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
984 5 1 5

Hi @prieschr,

Thanks for sharing more information about your use case!

Once after you are rescreen the case using the endpoint SEQ-screen: Delta screen an existing case (Synchronous) before fetching the full case details using the endpoint SEQ-case-investigate-case-details: Fetch full case details to look at the mandatory actions field, upon my testing I can recommend you implementing a delay of 5sec which solves your issue in this case and update the system with correct information.

Thanks,

Sai

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
984 5 1 5

Hi @prieschr,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

When you initiate the endpoint SEQ-screen: Delta screen an existing case (Synchronous). Delta Screening performs Screening from the time of the last screening date and shows new results that appeared after the last screening, if there are not new results the results array will be as 0.

Can you please brief your use case in detail or please let me know if we can have a call some time tomorrow to discuss this in detail.

Thanks

Sai

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
23 0 0 2

Hi Sai,

sorry for the late answer. I was on vacation.

The problem is that I cannot reproduce the issue, but we had 5 such cases in our production environment since the go live of our API implementation three weeks ago.

For our cases OGS is enabled for world check and not enabled for media check. So my expectation is that for the synchronous rescreening a result would be returned if there is some hit (mandatory action).

{"screeningMode":"DELTA_SYNC","caseInfo":"false"}

But this is not the case. Immediately (in the same second) after the rescreening I import the case and the case rating. There is no hit reflected. Later on our back office checks the case again in the WC application and see a hit (mandatory action for media check).

From your experience would it help if I wait for e.g. 5 seconds before I request the case details?

Thanks

Reinhard

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
984 5 1 5

Hi @prieschr,

Can you please share below details.

• After re-screening when you say you are trying to import the case and the case rating which endpoint you are using to fetch those details and what exactly you are looking in that API response.
  • When you say later when your back office checks the case again in the WC application and see a hit (mandatory action for media check) what is the time difference between you fetching those case details via API and your back office checking the case again in WC UI.

Moreover, please find below some useful information.

• After re-screening the case to retrieve if there are any new media check results for the case you can utilize the endpoint SEQ-case-mediacheck-search-results: Retrieve MediaCheck search results - Simple
  • In WC application when you are accessing the media check section of a case which you have screened, it will rescreen every time when you access media check section and show you the updated media check screening results.

Thanks

Sai

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
23 0 0 2

Dear Sai,

for the case import I use

SEQ-case-investigate-case-details: Fetch Full case details

so cases/{case-system-id}?aggregatedSummary=true

There are only a few fields imported from the response. The mandatory actions field is a trigger in our application that something has to be cleared in the WC1 application

for the rating I use

SEQ-case-rating: Retrieve a case rating

so cases/{case-system-id}/rating

I have not found a timestamp or audit log for the hit, but there was a case where the first rescreening was ok and two another rescreenings within a few minutes received a media hit.

We are not importing/reviewing any search or screening results in our application, only the information if there is a mandatory action. This will be reviewed and cleared in the WC1 application by our compliance function.

Best Regard,

Reinhard

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
23 0 0 2

Hi Sai,

I have implemented the delay and will monitor if the problem occurs again.

Thank you for your help.

Reinhard

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.