Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

Can you confirm the App Id as inferred in the instruction book?

Dear Team, I am interested in working with the Eikon Data API and started with generating the key and following the instructions from the tutorials provided. But I want you to confirm the App Id as inferred in the instruction book:

You should save a text file with the file name (eikon.cfg) having the following contents:

[eikon]

app_id = YOUR_APP_ID_HERE.

As I have started with the Codebook (in the refinitv eikon) and inserted a new folder with a new file there for the Python code (as in the tutorial), and inserted a text file with the same two lines mentioned above, but it seems that the app id is incorrect since when the below code runs:

cfg = cp.ConfigParser()

cfg.read('eikon.cfg') # adjust for different file location

The result is [ ], instead of getting the same output in the tutorial, which is ['eikon.cfg']. On top of that, the other codes following this code were not running because I believe it is linked to that code. Thanks, in prior for your assistance.**

#technologycodebook
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @Marlon.Pelipel

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
24.9k 54 17 14

Hello @Marlon.Pelipel

If you are using CodeBook, you can use 'DEFAULT_CODE_BOOK_APP_KEY' string as your app key, then the API can detect your actual app key automatically.

ek.set_app_key('DEFAULT_CODE_BOOK_APP_KEY')

You can see examples in 01. Data Retrieval and Discovery/01.04 Eikon (Workspace) Data API Path folder.

1693302849039.png

1693302849039.png (78.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.