question

Upvotes
Accepted
9 1 0 3

RFA connection to RTMDS

hi all,

we have a rfa SSL api client currently subscribing to real-time data via RTDS. the site is currently migrating to RTMDS and the app is not able to get real-time data from RTMDS ADS. Log file is attached for reference. rfa config file also attached. telnet to RTMDS ADS is happening on 8101 and 14002.

RTDS setup - Working

DACS name - rfaapi

service name - IDN_RDF

Port - 8101

ADS - 172.x.x.x (Local ADS IP)

RTMDS setup - Not working.

DACS name - rfaapi

service name - hEDD

Port - 8101

ADS - 159.x.x.x (RTMDS ADS IP)

When they undo the above changes the rfa app works fine on RTDS but when they try RTMDS option they are unable to get the real-time data.

cfg and log files are renamed as txt files to enable upload.

ExampleRFAcfg.txt

rfalog.txt

refinitiv-realtimetrep#technologyrfarfa-api
examplerfacfg.txt (4.9 KiB)
rfalog.txt (1.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @MayurC

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
22.1k 59 14 21

Hi @MayurC,

The logs show that the app is unable to connect to the ADS - I am surprised that telnet is working - can they recheck that ADS IP and port they are using is correct?

What does ADS logs show when the app tries to connect?

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
22.1k 59 14 21

Hi @MayurC,

This seems to a misconfiguration issue in RTMDS - can you confirm that SSL is enabled on the ADS?

Are you able to telnet successfully to SSL port 8101? Is the ADS hostname/IP correct?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
22.1k 59 14 21

Also note that SSL support has been End Of Life'd and will be discontinued in the future releases of RTSDK. I would recommend that you migrate your applications to strategic EMA API to continue to receive support from Refinitiv.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
9 1 0 3

Thanks Gurpreet. Client is aware of the eol and will move to ema once migration to RTMDS is completed. However they are facing issues despite being able to telnet on 8101. Do logs show anything.

Also as comented on thr other post, let me know if I should combine the 2 issues for rfa over ssl and murex over rssl.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.