Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
16 0 0 1

Bulk download for static data (string) based on an input list

How can I do a bulk download for the list of Ric's in order to improve the time performance?

I am currently downloading underlying Ric's for a list of Ric's defined as "unique_col1":

combined_data = pd.DataFrame()
#Loop through the instruments and fetch data for each
for instrument in unique_col1:
data, err = eikon.get_data(
instrument,
fields=['TR.DRUnderlyingQuoteRic'])
# Check for errors
# if err is not None:
# print(f"Error for {instrument}: {err}")
# else:
df = pd.DataFrame(data)
df['Instrument'] = instrument # Add a column to identify the instrument
combined_data = combined_data.append(df, ignore_index=True)

• I get a "Backend error. 400 bad request"
  • When I do it with limitations it takes too long. I want to run it for 3000 Ric and a list of 200 Ric takes already 4 minutes

eikon-data-api#product
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
22.6k 59 14 21

Hi @Fatih Yazgan,

Programmatic access to data within Eikon is provided for an individual use only, and bulk download of data is outside the scope of what Eikon should be used for. Please read the limitations and guidelines of this service here.

You can pass a small list of instruments in the get_data API call, instead of an individual instrument.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
16 0 0 1

Thank you for your answer! Could you let me know what would be the better option to get the data instead?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
22.6k 59 14 21

Hi @Fatih Yazgan

Some of the products that provide bulk data service are Refinitiv Tick History/DSS and Refinitiv Data Platform. Please speak with your Refinitiv account manager to learn more about these.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.