question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 1

Datastream - How to retrieve all series that match my filters or categories?

I want to pull time series data for Datastream mnemonics that match a certain criteria.

Datastream interface/desktop has categories for time series that allow you to filter your search to the relevant results. For example you can search for all time series that match: Type=Commodities, Country=USA, Activity=Dead,Settlement Date=Continuous etc. and that gives you a list of all the time series that match your criteria.

How can I do that with the Datastream API or DSWS? Is there a "search" functionality for Datastream?

I'd like for example to use ds.get_data of all the instruments that match my criteria, so I don't have to put all the names into my code manually

#productdsws-apisearchdatastreamfilter
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @Gal.Dvir ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,
AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
79.2k 251 52 74

@Gal.Dvir

Thank you for reaching out to us.

The API provides the lookup feature.

df1 = ds.get_data(tickers="Thailand", fields=["DS.SYMBOLLOOKUP(Count=100)"],  kind=0)
df1

However, DS.SYMBOLLOOKUP provides limited functionality and clients are advised to use Navigator as a tool for symbology requests.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.