question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

DSGRID and DataStream request differences

I'm currently working on a python model that extracts and processes company data that is largely based on a pre-existing model in excel I received from a colleague. One part of this model uses a function:

@Thomson.Reuters.AFOSpreadSheetFormulas.DSGRID(...)

To my understanding this translates to a Datastream call using DSWS in python looking something like this:

import DataStreamPy as dsws
ds=dsws.DataStream(***credentials***)
data = ds.get_data(...)

This has been working fine in the time I've been using it, but recently I've bounced on a problem where calls to the service in python have stopped working. After consulting the DataStream test REST service it mentions I've reached my monthly download limit. However, the DSGRID function in excel remains functional. Although these two functions seemingly use the same backbone (to my knowledge), one has stopped working while the other proceeds without fail. The image below shows what kind of an error this throws in python.1700128886458.png

Can anyone tell me why, how to solve this, or what I'm might be doing wrong in this situation?

Thanks!

python#technologydatastream-apiexcel
1700128886458.png (15.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @paul-andre.rabate ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,
AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
79.2k 251 52 74

@paul-andre.rabate

Thank you for reaching out to us.

You tested the DSWS account with the Datastream test REST service and didn't get the data due to monthly download limit.

Therefore, if you use the same account with DataStreamPy, you may get the same message and the library may not be able to parse it.

Regarding the monthly limit in DSGRID and Datastream Webservice, please contact the Datastream support team directly via MyRefinitiv to verify if they are sharing the same limitation.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.