question

Upvotes
Accepted
21 0 0 2

RIC search & match

As part of a python process. I need to find all available rics associated with a list of a mix of cusips and isins. Ideally, I'm looking for an API from the playground or a particular endpoint. I, unfortunately, have not been able to find one.

Thanks,

David

python#productapi#contentpython api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,
AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
21 0 0 2

Hi Nick

I was able to successfully get my ric by using the discover/search/v1/ endpoint.

API Playground (refinitiv.com).

Appreciate your help with this issue.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @david.blanco

Great news - thanks for letting us know.

Nick

Upvotes
5.8k 21 2 6

Hi @david.blanco,

Have you had a look at the DIB? does it provide you with what you are after?

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for sharing the video; it was very instructive! Unfortunately, we are looking to move away from the ek library and want to target the specific URLs where we post POST requests to get the associated RICs' quotes.

Upvotes
17.5k 82 39 63

Hi @david.blanco,

If you are interested in using a Python Library, I would suggest you look at the Data Library for Python. You can see an example of converting symbols::

Below is an example of a mix of ISIN and CUSIPs to convert to the corresponding RIC

1701128631309.png

1701128631309.png (29.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Hi Nick,

Appreciate the reference. Unfortunately, we are looking for contributor rics' quotes associated with a bond list, not the security's RIC itself.

Upvotes
17.5k 82 39 63

Hi @david.blanco

It might be helpful if you provide an example (ISIN or CUSIP) and what you expect to receive. With that I can do some additional investigation. The service that will likely provide the answers will by the Symbology endpoint capability - you can see more details within the RDP Playground.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.