question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

IRS pricing using user defined forward curves

Hello,

I have successfully constructed a custom forward curve using my own parameters and instruments through RDP API.

forward_zcCurve_endpoint = rdp.Endpoint(session, 
    "https://api.refinitiv.com/data/quantitative-analytics-curves-and-surfaces/v1/curves/forward-curves")

user_defined_zc_response = forward_zcCurve_endpoint.send_request(
    method = rdp.Endpoint.RequestMethod.POST,
    body_parameters = user_defined_zc_request_body
)

Given this setup, I'm interested in understanding whether it's possible to use this custom curve for pricing interest rate instruments directly via the RDP API.

Any insights or references to relevant documentation would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

rdp-api#productrefinitiv-data-platformpricingswapszero-curve
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @stephane.kourganoff

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

@stephane.kourganoff

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
5.8k 21 2 6

Hi @stephane.kourganoff,

Here, you were using the QA (Quantitative Analytics) API Family [a.k.a.: the IPA (Instrument Pricing Analytics) Product] which is hosted on the RDP (Refinitiv Data Platform); more specifically, you are using the Curves and Sufaces API. If you are interested in Interest Rate related instruments, you can continue using this Curves and Sufaces API, I would suggest the following API Subsets:

However, you may be most interested in IPA's Financial Contracts API insead, specifically the IR Swap Contracts API Subset.

All the above are hosted on the RDP, but they may not be accessible wia the Content Layer of the RD Lib. for Python that you are using. This Layer was created to help FinCoders like yourself with workflows such as yours; when functions are not available on the Content Layer, but the data/service is still available on RDP, we allow users to 'ping' RDP directly with the Delivery Layer. In your case I would suggest reading this (yet-to-be-published) article I wrote, that pings RDP to get FX data and services in a similar way to what you are after (or this one that does similar work).

Don't forget that you can test all this with the API-Playground, for each relevent API Subset of interest.

Do let me know if this is clear; I would love to write a use case using IPA for Interest Rate related workflows, but it would take me a lot of time to write up for you, which may not suit your needs.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
79.2k 251 52 74

@stephane.kourganoff

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Please refer to the IPA Curves Service: Construction of the Forward Zero Coupon Curve.

You can access this endpoint via the API doc.

1701252312619.png

1701252312619.png (17.6 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.