Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

cannot find etf ticker in codebk

I am attempting to download the historical prices for the following assets: GDAXIEX.DE, IBTLl.DAp^G21, LP68048431. I am using the usual command:

rd.get_history(universe=asset_name, fields="BID", interval="1D", start=start_date, end=end_date)

However, I am encountering an issue. It seems that the asset names I need to use as input might differ from how they are listed on the Portfolio & List Manager page. As a result, the system is not retrieving any prices. Could you please assist me in resolving this?

python#product#contentbondsjupyter-notebook
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @a.melo ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

@a.melo

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
79.2k 251 52 74

@a.melo

If you don't specify the fields parameter, it will return all available real-time fields.

start_date = "2008-01-01"
end_date = "2023-10-22"
#rd.get_history(["GDAXIEX.DE"],start=start_date, end=end_date)
#rd.get_history(["IBTLl.DAp^G21"],start=start_date, end=end_date)
rd.get_history(["LP68048431"],start=start_date, end=end_date)

GDAXIEX.DE supports BID field. IBTLl.DAp^G21 supports TRDPRC_1 field. LP68048431 supports NAVALUE field.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
5.8k 21 2 6

Hi @a.melo, Looking into the DIB, you can find the fields that apply to the instrument in mind:

capture.png

You can also use Quote apps to find the fields you may be after, as per this article:

Summary of Common LSEG Refinitiv APIs

As you can see, the BID field is not populated for all instruments:

1702290357305.png

capture.png (180.7 KiB)
1702290357305.png (60.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Hello I have tried what you suggested but it does returns an error: " errosignal-2023-12-11-171905-002.pngr cod-1" as you can see in the attached image

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.