question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

Is it possible to set up and use refintiv.data in Python on a Linux machine, or am I restricted to access it using Windows/Mac only?

Hi,

The restriction of using eikon in Python while running the application, and since it is not available for Linux, has been a cause of consternation. However, refinitiv.dataplatform has provided a workaround. As it is being depreciated, I wonder if it is possible to set up refinitiv.data without running the Refinitiv Workspace, and so allow me to use it on a Linux machine? If not, when can such an access point be available?

python#productrefinitiv-data-platformrefinitiv-data-platform-librarieslinux
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
14.9k 32 5 10

Hi @jonas.rasbrant ,

Yes, you can use the platform session of RD Library which requires Refinitiv Data Platform credentials (either a user account or a machine account) or connection details for your local Real-Time Distribution System (IP of the system and DACS user name) or both.

Here's its quick start guide and the sample code with more detail can be found here.

I hope this helps and please let me know in case you have any further questions.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.