question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

Is it possible to set up and use refintiv.data in Python on a Linux machine, or am I restricted to access it using Windows/Mac only?

Hi,

The restriction of using eikon in Python while running the application, and since it is not available for Linux, has been a cause of consternation. However, refinitiv.dataplatform has provided a workaround. As it is being depreciated, I wonder if it is possible to set up refinitiv.data without running the Refinitiv Workspace, and so allow me to use it on a Linux machine? If not, when can such an access point be available?

python#productrefinitiv-data-platformrefinitiv-data-platform-librarieslinux
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@jonas.rasbrant

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@jonas.rasbrant

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
14.2k 30 5 10

Hi @jonas.rasbrant ,

Yes, you can use the platform session of RD Library which requires Refinitiv Data Platform credentials (either a user account or a machine account) or connection details for your local Real-Time Distribution System (IP of the system and DACS user name) or both.

Here's its quick start guide and the sample code with more detail can be found here.

I hope this helps and please let me know in case you have any further questions.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.