question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

How can I fix this error?

All, I have a problem I dont understand how to pull time series data using the refinitiv API. Does anyone have any idea how to do this? I am after macro data, instead of equity and FX prices, which seem to be in all the online examples. ts-data.png

Many thanks

Alex

#product#contenthistoricaltime-serieseconomic-datatimeseries
ts-data.png (17.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@alex.nae01

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@alex.nae01

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
17.4k 82 39 63

Hi @alex.nae01

I've tried to narrow down what historical data is available for this specific instrument and all I was able to come up with is the following execution:
1702934659485.png

It is not clear to me what the 'VALUE' represents.

This site can help with the usage of our APIs but unfortunately, we are not experts in the data and what historical content would be captured for this instrument. I would suggest you reach out to the helpdesk within your Workspace environment by accessing the "Get Help & Support" menu option - you can access by the F1 hotkey. I would frame your question around what historical content is available as opposed to the specific API call. They may suggest that all is available is the above monthly details - best they confirm.

1702934659485.png (23.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 0 1

Hi Nick, thank you for your reply on this. I have since found out that the Eikon API is specifically used to gather data and does not have the ability to create time series data. Thank you very much for taking the time to look into this for me.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.