Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 3 8

Extracting analyst estimates data using Not Null filter for period end date

Hi,

I am trying to extract the analyst estimates data as mentioned in the code below -

df, err = ek.get_data( instruments = ric_lst, fields = ['TR.EPSMean.periodenddate', 'TR.EPSMean', 'TR.EPSMean.date','TR.RevenueMean', 'TR.NetProfitMean'], parameters={'SDate':'2010-01-01','EDate':'2023-12-13','Period':'FQ1'}) 

The issue I am facing is that I have a list of around 6000 rics for which I need data from 2010-2023, but I am able to get the data only for 10 rics in one API call, since there are a lot of rows where the 'Period End Date' is 'NA' which are not useful to us and are later filtered out.

Is there any way I can add the not null parameter to 'TR.EPSMean.periodenddate' so I am able to extract data of more rics at once?

I have attached a sample file of 500 rics for your reference - ric_list.txt. Kindly guide me through the same.

Thanks and Regards,

eikonpython#technologypython apipandasestimates
ric-list.txt (4.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@vishnu01

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
79.2k 251 52 74

@vishnu01

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I used the Data Item Browser tool and couldn't find any parameters that can filter out null values.

You can contact the Eikon Excel support team directly via MyRefinitiv to check if there is a parameter in the Eikon Excel TR function that can be used to filter out null values.

If that parameter is available, it may be able to apply to the get_data method.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
3 0 3 8

Thanks a lot for your response. Can you please provide the exact steps to reach out to the excel support team, it will help.

Regards,

icon clock
10 |1500

@vishnu01

You can contact the support team by submitting a ticket via MyRefinitiv.

You can select "I need help using the product" and "Refinitiv Eikon".

1704353256365.png

In the query, you can ask if there is a parameter in the Eikon Excel TR function that can be used to filter out null values.

1704353256365.png (14.8 KiB)
Upvotes
3 0 3 8

Okay got it! Thanks for your help!

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.