question

Upvotes
Accepted
36 0 0 4

Python/RDP Platform SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED

Hi to all,

Trying to open a RDP Session in Python from the local network behind office Proxy, I get that message,

___

ERROR!!! authentication handler raise an exception.

ConnectError('[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: self signed certificate in certificate chain (_ssl.c:1129)')

ERROR!!! CANNOT authorize to RDP authentication endpoint.

Unexpected error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: self signed certificate in certificate chain (_ssl.c:1129).

(server-mode is disbled)

___

Please, do you have any idea?

Of course no issue in CodeBook, but I wish I could use out of LSEG Workspace.

Many thanks,

python#technologyrdp-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @olivier.bourgi

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Thank you for participating in the forum. Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,
AHS

Upvote
Accepted
36 0 0 4

Hi, Many thanks for you help

Indeed I will not be able to use the RDP Platform as such ... because I would need to i- disable verification , and ii-- not check for certificate

That seems not possible with the RDP API.

HOWEVER ( GOOD NEWS ) I managed to retrieve some data !!! using the basic Rest API.

Indeed with that API

1. You can create a session token or resuse one not expired,

and

2. for each "Post or Get connection" you can specify

- the Proxy

- and the parameters to both disable Verification and not check the Certificate

Then we get a JSON to work on....the data!

That was the good news to start 2024 and the work to redo what is already done in RDP Platform with ready to use functions ...:)

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
79.2k 251 52 74

@olivier.bourgi

Thank you for reaching out to us.

According to the error, it could be the proxy or security settings.

ConnectError('[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: self signed certificate in certificate chain (_ssl.c:1129)')
ERROR!!! CANNOT authorize to RDP authentication endpoint.
Unexpected error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: self signed certificate in certificate chain (_ssl.c:1129).

Please contact your IT or support team to verfiy the settings.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hello on duty, I work with Olivier, our proxy is handling the certificate could you please give us a copy of the certificate or the url used to download the certificate.

Thank you

@egd

According the error, it could be the ceriticate of the proxy server.

Regarding the certificate of the Refintiiv Data Platform, please contact the product support team directly via MyRefinitiv.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.