Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

Besides CodeCreator, is there an overview of all kinds of different data that can be accessed using the Eikon Data API with Python?

I'm a complete beginner in programming and I'm generally still struggling with Python and the programming environment, but I've been able to pull some data using the Get started guide. However, I still lack a complete overview of all possible data that I can query via Eikon. The CodeCreator in the Refinitiv Workspace is helpful, but not complete. For example, I could not find data such as "TR.TotalAssetsReported", "TR.TotalDebtOutstanding", "TR.TotalEquity", "TR.NetIncomeAfterTaxes" via the CodeCreator. I am currently looking for the data regarding Delisting Reason, the search in CodeCreator was unfortunately unsuccessful.

Another example is here in this forum post: https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/63774/extracting-rics-of-lse-aim-companies.html 

Without this forum post, I would not have known that I could filter for the MIC_Code.

Can you help me with this?

eikoneikon-data-apipython#technologydatajupyter-notebookcodecreatorjupyter
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@patrick.zimmermann.91

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
24.7k 54 17 14

Hello @patrick.zimmermann.91

I can browse the "TotalAssetsReported" and "TR.TotalEquity" fields description of the KINO.L RIC in the Data Item Browser App as follows:

field-1.png

field-2.png

Please be informed that the Data Item Browser App just shows all available fields with "current data" of the RIC only. You cannot query historical data values of the fields on the Data Item Browser app.

field-1.png (133.1 KiB)
field-2.png (97.1 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
24.7k 54 17 14

There is a Workspace/Eikon app name "Data Item Browser" (DIB) that lets you put your interested RIC name, then browse all available fields of that RIC.

data-item-browser.png

You can open this App by typing "Data Item Browser" or just "DIB" in your Workspace/Eikon desktop.

There is also a video tutorial about this tool at https://developers.lseg.com/en/video-catalog/data-item-browser page.

I hope this information helps.

data-item-browser.png (109.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Hello @wasin.w,

first of all thanks for the quick response. However, the Data Item Browser doesn't help much, as I can't find the original data here either. For example, if I use

df, err = ek.get_data(
    instruments = ['KINO.L'],
    fields= [
        'TR.TotalAssetsReported(Frq=D,SDate = 2022-12-01,EDate=2022-12-13)',
        'TR.TotalEquity(Frq=D,SDate=2022-12-01,EDate=2022-12-13)'
    ]
)
display(df)

in Python, the data is displayed, but the Data Item Browser finds nothing. Can you help me with this?

Upvotes
24.7k 54 17 14

Alternatively, you may contact the Workspace/Eikon support team directly to help you with the RIC fields data behavior and content questions (I and other forum admins are not the Content expert).

You can contact the Support team directly via https://my.refinitiv.com/content/mytr/en/helpandsupport.html website.

contact-eikon-content.png

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.