Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 0 3

Using Multiple eikon Api key

I am using multiple API key (which were generated by API key Generator in the refinitv eikon Desktop) .
I have Suppose four API keys each API key associated with different account and each account logged on different PC. I am trying to use all the four API keys to get the data from eikon data API but on single PC . So as it documented in your website each has a limit of 10000 requests per user per day . So is it possible that i can get 40000 in this case requests per day . Considering that using multiple keys (each linked with different account)

eikon-data-api#productapi-limitsnews-filter
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @rishav.jindal ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

@rishav.jindal

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
22.1k 59 14 21

Hi @rishav.jindal,

I don't think the API limits are on the per key basis. The key is a unique way for us a identify the offending app and apprise the user to re-look at the amount of data they are retrieving before we turn it off. Nothing stops a single user from creating dozen keys and using it in round robin. The data limits are enforced on per Eikon/Workspace instance basis.

Summary: Using multiple keys will not allow you to get past the data limits. If you have the need to get a lot of data, then please speak with your account manager about using an enterprise product like Data Platform.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

But if the API keys are from diffrent accounts than also ?
As far as I know, the API keys are only for application trackings. The limitations should link to your Eikon/Workspace or Refinitiv Data Platform accounts.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.