question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 0 1

Real-time - Optimized: Details of conflation/aggregation intervals

Can someone confirm the conflation interval(s) used on the Real-Time Optimized (RTO) feed?

I've read the 'Aggregation and Bandwidth optimization' document, but it doesn't seem to specify the intervals used.

#technology#contentrrtoaws
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @Mike Tarlton ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

Upvote
Accepted
22.1k 59 14 21

Hello @Mike Tarlton,

RTO feed uses a Trade Safe conflation algorithm with 3 updates/second interval.

What this means is that all the Trade messages will be passed on in real-time and the Quote messages will be conflated to a maximum of 3/second.

There is however a caveat - for high trading volume instruments, the Quote messages which are sitting in the conflation queue will also get flushed with Trade messages. I.e. the actual bandwidth reduction that your application will see will depend on each instrument's trading frequency.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
24.7k 54 17 14

Hello @Mike Tarlton

While my colleague has already given you the clear answer, you may check the example of conflation in this old post thread.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.