question

Upvotes
Accepted
24 1 0 6

Same username for Multiple OmmConsumer Instances

Can I use the same username for multiple OmmConsumer instances, or are there restrictions?

elektron#technologyema-apijava
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
22.1k 59 14 21

Hello @xinjames.chen,

I presume you are referring to the Machine ID which is used to connect to RTO cloud to get data. The token generated for a particular ID is invalidated when another instance uses the same ID to get another token. It is recommended that each instance or application have its own unique machine ID for getting data.

If this is not what you meant, and were referring to DACS ID, used when getting data from local RTMDS, then yes, same username may be used in multiple consumers.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

consumer1 = EmaFactory.createOmmConsumer(EmaFactory.createOmmConsumerConfig().host(host).username(username));

consumer2 = EmaFactory.createOmmConsumer(EmaFactory.createOmmConsumerConfig().host(host).username(username));

May I create two OmmConsumer instances using the same username.

This is the DACS user ID and usually it can be used in multiple instances, unless your market data administrator has placed a limit on this number. Please check with the group which manages your MDS.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.