Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 2

API Python Importing News Text in bulk

API Python If APPKEY is generated, does it mean I can connect to Eikon via my own Python/Anaconda environment without having to use Codebook? Could you provide a sample script to retrieve the news date, news title, news content, as well as news publisher, of Singapore financial news (news code SG AND GLOFIN) for the last 3 yrs? I checked out help(ek.get_news_story()) and it does not seem to suggest much information. Could you advise where to look for available data items/data points for use in Codebook/Python?

#productpython apinews
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @ethellove.cacho ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,
AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
10.2k 18 6 9

@ethellove.cacho Yes they can also use our APIs outside of the Codebook environment. I think you should use the strategic Data Libraries which you can access with Eikon/WS. The Eikon Data API is a feature complete, slightly older API that is included for backward compatibility. We have a number of newer services on the Data Platform that you can access as a desktop users that are better than the Eikon Data API counterparts.

Regarding News - please see my article here - also please see my latest news notebook inside Codebook using the Data Library in Python - this also contains details about getting news metadata such as topic codes etc. (it will work outside of codebook as well) :

1707225579632.png

I hope this can help you.

1707225579632.png (420.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.