Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
9 3 4 10

The Average price for Datasets are wrong.

Hi,
I am using Eikon with Python program for a few years.

Every time, I contact 'Helpdesk', they said they have not clue about python, so I needed to ask questions on Developer site.

I posted the same questions every single time, and i did not get any clear answer at all.

Last time I asked, he said he does not have a permission to access to the RIC 'CMZN0'

I will give my code and the result in Python and the correct dataset in Eikon.

Please Kindly let me know, why this would happened and how to fix it.

Here is my code in Python :

1707212839327.pngthe reason I used 'get_history' function is that I needed to sum all of it and get average of them so that I can make sure that these two data are the same data.

However, this is the result from above:

(No longer picture is allowed so I will posted in comments.)

Please carefully review this problems and note that we are paying much money for a few years.

eikoneikon-data-apirefinitiv-dataplatform-eikon#technology
1707212839327.png (16.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Here is the picture about the problem I mention above:

1707213682422.png

1707213682422.png (151.8 KiB)

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,
AHS

Hi @jwlee08 ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
10.2k 18 6 9

@jwlee08 I think you should use the strategic Data Libraries which you can access with Eikon/WS. The Eikon Data API is a feature complete, slightly older API that is included for backward compatibility. We have a number of newer services on the Data Platform that you can access as a desktop users - importantly in this case historical pricing via get_history library function replaces the get_timeseries function in Eikon Data API which had a very limited data model. In terms of your immediate issue:

import refinitiv.data as rd
rd.open_session()
rd.get_data(
    universe=['CMZN0'],
    fields=['TR.OFFICIALASKPRICE.date','TR.OFFICIALASKPRICE','TR.CLOSEPRICE'],
    parameters = {'SDate': '2024-01-01', 'EDate': '2024-01-31'}
)

1707223028134.png

You can also use the get_history function:

rd.get_history(
    universe=['CMZN0'],
    fields=['TR.OFFICIALASKPRICE.date','TR.OFFICIALASKPRICE','TRDPRC_1'],
    start= '2024-01-01', end= '2024-01-31'
)

I hope this can help.

1707223028134.png (214.1 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.