Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 0 4

Query the RIC of a ticker using keywords

I have a list of company names and ticker symbols which maybe different from the correct RIC that reuters uses. For example I might say 'Reliance', but the correct RIC would be 'RELI.NS'. I'm using python API. Is there any way I can get the RIC using a keyword programmatically instead of searching manually and finding it out?

eikon-data-api#technologypython api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
5.5k 18 2 7

Hi @aditya

What you are asking above would be possible using the Search capabilities of Refinitiv data libraries for Python. You can learn more about the APIs in this reference guide.

This article would be very useful for building the search queries and this article for easy identification of properties and values. I have tried to build a simple request before:

import refinitiv.data as rd
rd.open_session()
rd.discovery.search(
    query = 'Reliance',
    select = "PrimaryRIC, DocumentTitle"
)

screenshot-2024-02-06-at-095130.png

You can narrow the output by providing filter criteria following the resources above.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Haykaz

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
3 0 0 4

Hi,

This is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you so much!

Thanks again for quick response!

Regards,

Aditya

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.