question

Upvotes
Accepted
19 1 1 4

Data for Delisting companies

Hi everybody!

I am currently engaged in a project that involves analyzing companies in the United States that have been delisted or are on the verge of delisting. The objective is to compute the "delisting return," which necessitates understanding the specific reasons behind each company's delisting. To identify these companies, I have been utilizing the SCREENER tool. However, only a limited number of entries provide detailed information about the delisting through the "Deal" filter.

I am seeking advice on whether there is a method to systematically acquire a comprehensive list of companies that have been delisted or are pending delisting, along with the events leading to their delisting. Alternatively, I would appreciate suggestions on a more straightforward approach to calculating the delisting return. Any guidance or recommendations on tools and methodologies that could facilitate this analysis would be greatly appreciated.

refinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspace#technology#contentdatastream-apiequities
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @vitali ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
79.2k 251 52 74
The answer has been provided on this discussion.
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
5.8k 21 2 6

Hi @vitali,

Your question is close to a question about content, for which I would advise filing in a ticket on my.refinitiv.com; however, I think that Search might be your best bet. Have you had a look?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
24.7k 54 17 14

Hello @vitali

Did you try the solution(s) on our Extracting List of Delisted Equities using Screener, RDP. or Eikon API old post thread.

If it does not work, I suggest you submit a support ticket to the content team as suggested by my colleague above.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
19 1 1 4

Thank you for your valuable suggestions. I'm able to get list of delisted companies. However, the primary objective of my research is to identify the specific reasons for each company's delisting (the delisting event), as well as to gather information on companies that have announced their intention to delist, along with their reasons for doing so.

Unfortunately, I have encountered difficulties in sourcing this detailed information. The current methods and tools at my disposal do not seem to offer a solution for efficiently extracting the reasons behind the delisting events. I would appreciate any advice or recommendations!

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.