For a deeper look into our World Check One API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 3 6 3

Single request to get all groups?

I want to be able to get all groups with a particular name (which we would require is unique).

I wonder if there is a single API request which can be used to get all the groups to which a user has access? From there we could simply filter the set by Name. Alternatively, is there a way to make a request to return all groups (at any level of depth) with a given name?

At the moment, the only way I can see to do this is to traverse the tree structure by starting with a request to get top-level groups, followed by recursive requests to get a child group by its id.

Thanks.

world-checkworld-check-onerequestbatch
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @Technical,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If so, please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
3.1k 18 7 7

Hi @Technical,

The API uses internal Ids to navigate the groups and cases. groupid and case-system-id are the primary variables in almost all the requests. SEQ-1a (get my top level groups) and SEQ-1b (get a specific group by id) are the group endpoint examples in the Postman Collection.

Hope this helps,
Brian

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.