question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

Code 221 'The access to field(s) denied.' when trying to access event data with Refinitiv Data while Eikon retreival works

Hi,

I trying to get event data using Refinitiv Data, using both sync requests as async requests. No error code is supplied for sync requests (just an empty df), but when I use async I get error code 221 'The access to field(s) denied.'

I find the error strange since I have access to event data using Eikon's Python API. Using the identical async request code, I can access corax data without an issue.

So what could be wrong? A bug somewhere in the Refinitiv Data API?

Also, for clarification, for the async request I use fundamental_and_reference from refinitiv.data.content. Should I perhaps use something else?

Or, is there an alternative way to get event data?

#productrefinitiv-data-platformerrorasynchronoussynchronous
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @jonas.rasbrant ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,
AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
79.2k 251 52 74

@jonas.rasbrant

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Please check the version of Refinitiv Data Library for Python and share the code that you are using.

You can also enable the debug log in the library to verify the endpoints that the library is using by running the following code before opening the session.

# Enable logging
#rd.get_config()["logs.level"] = "debug"

# Console
#rd.get_config()["logs.transports.console.enabled"] = True

# File
#rd.get_config()["logs.transports.file.enabled"] = True
#rd.get_config()["logs.transports.file.name"] = "data-lib.log"

The APIs may use different endpoints to retrieve data and the error indicates that you don't have permission to access the requested fields.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.