question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 0 0 1

Problems with cMake installingRTSDK-2.1.3.E1.linux.rrg on RHEL 8.8

RTSDK-2.1.3.E1.linux.rrg_cmake_without_debug_log.txtRTSDK-2.1.3.E1.linux.rrg_yum_redhat-lsb-core.txtHello,

I am facing issues trying to get the RTSDK-2.1.3.E1.linux.rrg package installed on Red Hat Enterprise Linux release 8.8 (Ootpa). I tried two separate cMake commands options. Please advise.

Thank you

1) I installed the redhat-lsb-core package. Text at bottom. Only allowed 2 attachments.

2) I ran the cmake command below and it failed shortly. Logfile: RTSDK-2.1.3.E1.linux.rrg_cmake_log.txt

[radmin@e3xmds25:/opt/refinitiv/RTSDK/Cpp-C/Ema]$ cmake -H./ -B../../buildDir

3) I then ran the cmake command and it failed also. Logfile: RTSDK-2.1.3.E1.linux.rrg_cmake_without_debug_log.txt

[radmin@e3xmds25:/opt/refinitiv/SOFTWARE/RTSDK-2.1.3.E1.linux.rrg]$ cmake -H./ -B../../buildDir -DRTSDK_OPT_BUILD_ETA_EMA_LIBRARIES:BOOL=ONRTSDK-2.1.3.E1.linux.rrg_cmake_log.txt

------

Script started on 2024-02-19 15:08:40-05:00

]0;root@e3xmds25:/opt/refinitiv/SOFTWARE/RTSDK-2.1.3.E1.linux.rrg[root@e3xmds25:/opt/refinitiv/SOFTWARE/RTSDK-2.1.3.E1.linux.rrg]$ yum install redhat-lsb-core

Updating Subscription Management repositories.

Last metadata expiration check: 1:59:43 ago on Mon 19 Feb 2024 01:09:12 PM EST.

Package redhat-lsb-core-4.1-47.el8.x86_64 is already installed.

Dependencies resolved.

Nothing to do.

Complete!

]0;root@e3xmds25:/opt/refinitiv/SOFTWARE/RTSDK-2.1.3.E1.linux.rrg[root@e3xmds25:/opt/refinitiv/SOFTWARE/RTSDK-2.1.3.E1.linux.rrg]$ exit

Script done on 2024-02-19 15:09:02-05:00

#technologyema-apic++redhat-enterprise-linuxcmake
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@evan.el-amin

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
79.2k 251 52 74

@evan.el-amin

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I tested it in docker image: redhat/ubi8 and I can run cmake properly.

The attached file shows the following errors:

[31mCMake Error at Cpp-C/Ema/Src/Access/CMakeLists.txt:468 (set_target_properties):
  set_target_properties called with incorrect number of arguments.

[0m
[31mCMake Error at Cpp-C/Ema/Examples/Training/CMakeLists.txt:70 (add_subdirectory):
  The source directory

/opt/refinitiv/SOFTWARE/RTSDK-2.1.3.E1.linux.rrg/Cpp-C/Ema/Examples/Training/NiProvider/doo

does not contain a CMakeLists.txt file.

[0m
[31mCMake Error at Cpp-C/Ema/Examples/Training/CMakeLists.txt:70 (add_subdirectory):
  The source directory

/opt/refinitiv/SOFTWARE/RTSDK-2.1.3.E1.linux.rrg/Cpp-C/Ema/Examples/Training/NiProvider/doo/CMakeFiles/3.26.5

I am not sure what is the doo directory in /opt/refinitiv/SOFTWARE/RTSDK-2.1.3.E1.linux.rrg/Cpp-C/Ema/Examples/Training/NiProvider.

Did you change something in the package? Please re-run it with the original files and directories from the RTSDK package. .

The client can run the following command to collect the trace log.

cmake ../ -DRTSDK_OPT_BUILD_ETA_EMA_LIBRARIES:BOOL=ON --trace-expand >> output_file.txt 2>&1

Then, please share the output_file.txt.

Otherwise, if the client is an RDC contact, the client can contact the API support team directly via Contact Premium Support to investigate this issue.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
5 0 0 1

output_file.zip

script_rtsdk_cpp-C_out.zipHi ,Jirapongse,

Thanks for the clarification. I believe that stray directory must have been a typo when the first install did not go well. I started fresh, then ran your command and produced the output_file.txt. I also scripted my re-install & a successful compile of Consumer / 100_MP_Streaming.

For me this issue is resolved. Thank you for assistance to get this resolved quickly.

-E

icon clock
10 |1500

@evan.el-amin

Thank you for the update.

You are correct. It looks okay now.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.