Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
3 0 0 3

EikonError: Error code 404 | Backend error. Failed to deserialize backend response.

Hi,
everytime I use the get_data function, I get following error:

EikonError: Error code 404 | Backend error. Failed to deserialize backend response. Expected valid JSON. Error: invalid character '<' looking for beginning of value
During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File C:\ProgramData\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\spyder_kernels\py3compat.py:356 in compat_exec
exec(code, globals, locals)
File c:*******
sp500 = ek.get_data(instruments = "0#.SPX",
File ~\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\site-packages\eikon\data_grid.py:190 in get_data
result = eikon.json_requests.send_json_request(_endpoint, payload, debug=debug)
File ~\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\site-packages\eikon\json_requests.py:134 in send_json_request
raise EikonError(eikon_err.code, eikon_err.message)
EikonError: Error code 404 | Backend error. Failed to deserialize backend response. Expected valid JSON. Error: invalid character '<' looking for beginning of value

Is there an internal problem at the moment? When will it be fixed?

Kind Regards

#technologyerror-404
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @annemarie.otto ,

Sorry to hear that you've facing this issue. Hence, could you please provide the code you're using (including instruments, fields, parameters used) for further investigation?

Hello @annemarie.otto

Could you please provide the code that encouter the issue?

Hi @annemarie.otto ,

Since we didn't hear back from you, I am closing this thread. If the question is still open, please feel free to post a new question.

Best regards,

Haykaz

0 Answers