Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
15 4 9 8

Is it possible to get the results of the get_data function on a daily basis?

I want to retrieve data as Daily using get_data for the combination of target RIC and Field as follows. To do this, it seems I need to understand how to use parameters, but is there a separate guide for all the cases of parameters?

I couldn't find information about parameters even in the official documentation provided at https://developers.lseg.com/en/api-catalog/eikon/eikon-data-api/documentation#eikon-data-api-usage-and-limits-guideline, so I'm posting this question.

1710390243513.png

eikon-data-api#technology#contentpython api
1710390243513.png (37.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
6.5k 21 3 6

Hi @sjh0724,

I would advise using the new library with get_history:

import refinitiv.data as rd
rd.open_session()

df = rd.get_history(
    universe=['LSEG.L', 'MSFT.O'],
    fields=["BID", "ASK", "TR.Revenue"],
    interval="1Y",
    start="2015-01-01",
    end="2019-10-01")

df

Else you may want to use the DIB, and you will see the parameters appear in the field names as you select and specify them - at the bottom right:

1710401434621.png

1710401434621.png (264.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I apologize for the delay in response. It seems that the data structure didn't allow for collecting Daily Data for TR.RevenueEstValue as originally intended. Therefore, I resolved the issue by using Mean data as a substitute.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.