Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
15 3 8 7

Is it possible to get the results of the get_data function on a daily basis?

I want to retrieve data as Daily using get_data for the combination of target RIC and Field as follows. To do this, it seems I need to understand how to use parameters, but is there a separate guide for all the cases of parameters?

I couldn't find information about parameters even in the official documentation provided at https://developers.lseg.com/en/api-catalog/eikon/eikon-data-api/documentation#eikon-data-api-usage-and-limits-guideline, so I'm posting this question.

1710390243513.png

eikon-data-api#technology#contentpython api
1710390243513.png (37.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@sjh0724

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply, and then close the question. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hi @sjh0724 ,

Please note that the answer below was marked as accepted. Please don't hesitate to let us know if that's incorrect, and that it did not answer your question.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
5.8k 21 2 6

Hi @sjh0724,

I would advise using the new library with get_history:

import refinitiv.data as rd
rd.open_session()

df = rd.get_history(
    universe=['LSEG.L', 'MSFT.O'],
    fields=["BID", "ASK", "TR.Revenue"],
    interval="1Y",
    start="2015-01-01",
    end="2019-10-01")

df

Else you may want to use the DIB, and you will see the parameters appear in the field names as you select and specify them - at the bottom right:

1710401434621.png

1710401434621.png (264.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I apologize for the delay in response. It seems that the data structure didn't allow for collecting Daily Data for TR.RevenueEstValue as originally intended. Therefore, I resolved the issue by using Mean data as a substitute.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.