question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

Why can't we find data from before 2015 on WACC?

We have already retrieved relevant data regarding both i.e. ESG Scores and Returns from 2013 to 2022 for our project, but when trying to print WACC values for our companies in the same time period, this only starts from 2015 - what is the reason for this?

#product#contentdatastream
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
5.6k 18 2 7

Hi @s1815203 ,

It would be helpful if you could post the code you are using here, so we can test ourselves. Additionally, this forum is dedicated for more API related technical questions and if your question is related to the content of the output, best would be to raise a content query via my.refinitiv.com by mentioning that you need to verify the content you get.

Best regards,

Haykaz

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

Thank you for the reply.

We used the same approach as before, only swapping for WACC outputs. Is it a possibility that there is no data for the years before 2015 due to licensing or other issues, or is it more probable that our code is wrong? It was surprising that we could not retrieve data on WACC but we found data on ESG scores, which seems like it could have more missing values than something as standard as wacc. Our code is as follows:

=@RDP.Data("Company codes";"TR.WACC";"SDate=2012-01-01 EDate=2023-01-01 Frq=FY CH=IN RH=date";B2)

Thank you in advance!

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @s1815203 ,

I don't think the code is wrong, it might be indeed data availability issue which you can confirm with Helpdesk. You can also give me an example RIC where you are facing an issue and I can check via API as well.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.