question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 1 7

Looking for all possible column headers for a script for Shipping Assets

I am trying to find all the possible column headers for a script but there doesn't seem to be any help finding what are the possible filters.

Using Codebook and taking one of their examples on shipping and want to return a different set of columns on the dataframe but within codebook examples-> 06 - > Shipping, you find the two examples and within there there is a line of code for vesseks arrving at port, I want to return that dataframe but with my own choice of columns, problem is there is not a list of what column headers to pick from.

The default in this is this "select = "RIC, AssetName, Latitude, Longitude, OriginPort, DestinationPort, LocationDestination, LocationETA, LocationDraft, HullType"

The TR. Syntax doesn’t work for this code. For example, I do not care about HullType nor the Latitude or Longitude. I would be interested however in other details such as vessel sub type. Please find out what other attributes I can return.

We have available tools - attached PDF but none is working

Eikon_API_Vessel_Info.pdf

api#contentpython apisearchvessel
api-screenshot.png (27.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
85.2k 290 53 77

@jeremiemae.celajes

Thank you for reaching out to us.

The TR fields don't work with the discovery.search endpoint.

You can list all fields in the search.Views.VESSEL_PHYSICAL_ASSETS by using the following code.

response = search.metadata.Definition(
    view = search.Views.VESSEL_PHYSICAL_ASSETS  
).get_data()

response.data.df

1717565066274.png

The sample code is also available on GitHub.

For more information regarding this search API, please refer to the following article.

1717565066274.png (16.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you @Jirapongse
Upvotes
15.3k 32 5 10

Hi @jeremiemae.celajes ,

The code for search function can also be generated from Advanced Search application in Eikon or Workspace application, you can check this article on how to do so Find content and functionality using Refinitiv Data Library with Advanced Search

Below is the Advanced Search application, you can select Universe, Asset type. And filters can also be applied here

1717575248645.png

This is an example of the exported query as a python code

1717575407612.png

Hope this helps and please let me know in case you have any further questions.

1717575248645.png (187.0 KiB)
1717575407612.png (259.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.