question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

Red Hat and GCC support

Dear Customer Support,

Currently the EMA library officially only supports Red Hat 8 and GCC 8.

According to the information received earlier, Red Hat 9 and a more modern C++ compiler support is planned for Q2 2024. However, Q2 is almost over and there isn’t any news on this topic.

Could you please answer the following questions?

• When will Red Hat 9 be supported by the EMA library?
  • When will GCC 12 or newer officially be supported on Red Hat 8 or Red Hat 9?
  • We don’t aim to compile the EMA library by ourselves. As we would like to use the precompiled library, would it be covered by Refinitv support when we use the precompiled EMA library (compiled with GCC 8) and link it to our application compiled with GCC 12 and C++20? As far as I know, Red Hat offers some binary compatibility between different GCC versions on the same Red Hat version.

I am looking forward to your reply.

Kind regards

Zoltán

#productema-apic++
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
27k 65 17 14

Hello @Zoltan.Csonka

Thank you for your patience, please see the answers from the RTSDK team below.

Question 1: When will Red Hat 9 be supported by the EMA library?

Answer:

• RTSDK C/C++ will be released in the next two weeks with this support.
  • RTDSK Java will have support from end September

Question 2: When will GCC 12 or newer officially be supported on Red Hat 8 or Red Hat 9?

Answer: GCC11 and 12 will be supported with RHEL9

Question 3: We don’t aim to compile the EMA library by ourselves. As we would like to use the precompiled library, would it be covered by Refinitv support when we use the precompiled EMA library (compiled with GCC 8) and link it to our application compiled with GCC 12 and C++20? As far as I know, Red Hat offers some binary compatibility between different GCC versions on the same Red Hat version.

Answer: This scenario will be supported.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
27k 65 17 14

Hello @Zoltan.Csonka

Thank you for contacting us. I am checking with the RTSDK team. I will get back to you as soon as I receive any information from the team.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

Thank you very much for your help. We are looking forward to use the new library.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.