Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted

Eikon to Workspace API

1. Is the Workspace API compatible with Eikon Desktop Data API or is there a need to revamp the application? We use EikonDesktopDataAPI.dll.

2. Does the Workspace API support leased line connection?

eikoneikon-data-apiworkspaceworkspace-data-api#productworkspace-upgrade
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @KatherineMae.Malagueno, May I ask which Workspace API you are referring to? The Python wrapper related to Workspace (named the RD Lib.)? Or are you referring to the Excel AddIn? If the latter, woudl you mind letting us know which AddIn you are referring to exactly?

Hi Jonathan, I asked this on behalf of a client who's migrating from Eikon to Workspace. They do have this in Eikon. Will this still work once they got migrated to Workspace?

eikondesktopdataapidll.png

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
10.8k 21 6 9

@KatherineMae.Malagueno So no that is the Eikon 4 Desktop Data API (.NET) - these APIs will not be available in Workspace and the customer will have to rewrite their code to use our more modern APIs. We have a migration guide for going from COM API to the Refinitiv Data Libraries (Python) - but we also have a .NET library which can provide similar functionality - so once they understand the COM-Python changes they should be able to implement in Refinitiv Data Libraries for .NET. Please see the section on Eikon 4 Desktop Data API (.NET) upgrades to Refinitiv Data Libraries for . NET. I hope this can help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.