Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

ALL App keys shown as incorrect App keys

I'm a new user to Eikon data API. When I try to use the api keys I got from App Key generator. I get an error saying 1721648300720.png

The output is the same irrespective of using Codebook or Jupyter, If I use my colleague's app key it works without issues

eikon-data-api#productcodebookapp-key
1721648300720.png (15.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
24.3k 62 15 21

Hi @kusumanchi.ashish,

In addition to the advise from @aramyan.h, the Eikon/Workspace checkbox must be selected, when the app-key is generated. If RDP or other product is selected, then that particular app-key will not be valid when using Eikon/Workspace API.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
7k 18 2 8

Hi @kusumanchi.ashish ,

Were you able to generate APP keys via the APP KEY generator? if so, this is again a permissioning issue which you need to discuss with the Account Manager. If the account manager confirms that you are permissioned, you may need to talk to the HelpDesk (via Workspace Help@Supoort or my.refinitiv.com) for them to have a look.

Best regards,

Haykaz

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.