question

Upvote
Accepted
16 0 0 2

How to get the country of domicile using searchlight

Hello,

I was trying to get the domicile country and the HQ country of a company. Using

/data/entity-reference/v1/organization/company-info

I can get the Country of Legal Registration, I was testing it using "BABA.N" and I was hoping to have another field with "China" as a value for the HQ country.

How can I get both of these values using Searchlight? I tried with the field RCSCountryHeadquartersLeaf that I found in another response but I doesn't seem to exist.

Thanks!

#technologyrdp-apirdprdp search
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
6.9k 21 3 6

Hi @daniel.fidalgopanera,

I believe that this endpoint is the same as used but the search module in the RD Lib. for Python; so I'm using it to access it to test.

Does the below not give a field that you are interested in? Note that it also produces an excel doc with all the available fields:

import refinitiv.data as rd
rd.open_session()
response = rd.content.search.metadata.Definition(
    view = rd.content.search.Views.SEARCH_ALL
    ).get_data()
response.data.df.to_excel("SEARCH_ALL.xlsx")
rd.discovery.search(
    view = rd.content.search.Views.SEARCH_ALL,
    query = "BABA.N",
    select = "AcquirerAdvisorCountry, AcquirerCountry, BorrowerCountry, Country, CountryBondMarketRIC, CountryBondSpeedguideRIC, CountryBradyBondChain, CountryDomesticBondMarketFRIC, CountryDomesticBondMarketMFRIC, CountryDomesticBondMarketSRIC, CountryHeadquarters, CountryHeadquartersName, CountryIndexFutureChain, CountryName, CountryOfIncorporation, CountryOfIndicator, CountryOfIndicatorName, ExchangeCountry, FundDomicileCountryId, GuarantorCountry, GuarantorCountryName, IndexCountryGroup, IndexCountryGroupName, InvestorAddressCountry, InvestorAddressCountryId, InvestorCountry, IRDCountry1, IRDCountry2, IRDCountryDesc1, IRDCountryDesc2, IsCurvePrimaryForCountry, ISOCountryName, IssueCountryRegisteredForSale, IssueCountryRegisteredForSaleCountryGroup, IssueCountryRegisteredForSaleCountryGroupName, IssueCountryRegisteredForSaleName, IssuerCountry, IssuerCountryContinentGroup, IssuerCountryName, IssuerDomicileCountry, IssuerDomicileCountryGroup, IssuerDomicileCountryGroupName, IssuerDomicileCountryName, LoanCountry, LoanCountryDescription, OldCountry, PageCountry, ParticipantRCSCountryNames, PartyCountry, PartyCountryCode, PrimaryIssueReportingCountry, PrimaryIssueReportingCountryName, PrimaryListingReportingCountry, PrimaryListingReportingCountryName, RCSAcquirerCountry, RCSAcquirerCountryGenealogy, RCSAcquirerCountryGenealogyName, RCSAcquirerCountryName, RCSBorrowerCountry, RCSBorrowerCountryGenealogy, RCSBorrowerCountryLeaf, RCSBorrowerCountryLeafML, RCSBorrowerCountryName, RCSBorrowerCountryNameML, RCSCountry, RCSCountryGenealogy, RCSCountryHeadquarters, RCSCountryHeadquartersGenealogy, RCSCountryHeadquartersLeaf, RCSCountryHeadquartersLeafML, RCSCountryHeadquartersName, RCSCountryHeadquartersNameML, RCSCountryLeaf, RCSCountryLeafML, RCSCountryName, RCSCountryNameML, RCSCountryOfIncorporation, RCSCountryOfIncorporationGenealogy, RCSCountryOfIncorporationLeaf, RCSCountryOfIndicator, RCSCountryOfIndicatorGenealogy, RCSCountryOfIndicatorLeaf, RCSCountryOfIndicatorLeafML, RCSCountryOfIndicatorName, RCSCountryOfIndicatorNameML, RCSCurrencyCountry, RCSCurrencyCountryGenealogy, RCSCurrencyCountryLeaf, RCSCurrencyCountryLeafML, RCSCurrencyCountryName, RCSCurrencyCountryNameML, RCSCurveCountry, RCSCurveCountryGenealogy, RCSCurveCountryLeaf, RCSCurveCountryLeafML, RCSCurveCountryName, RCSCurveCountryNameML, RCSExchangeCountry, RCSExchangeCountryGenealogy, RCSExchangeCountryLeaf, RCSExchangeCountryLeafML, RCSExchangeCountryName, RCSExchangeCountryNameML, RCSFilingCountry, RCSFilingCountryGenealogy, RCSFilingCountryLeaf, RCSFilingCountryLeafML, RCSFilingCountryName, RCSFilingCountryNameML, RCSGuarantorCountry, RCSGuarantorCountryGenealogy, RCSGuarantorCountryLeaf, RCSGuarantorCountryLeafML, RCSGuarantorCountryName, RCSGuarantorCountryNameML, RCSIndexCountryGroup, RCSIndexCountryGroupGenealogy, RCSIndexCountryGroupLeaf, RCSIndexCountryGroupLeafML, RCSIndexCountryGroupName, RCSIndexCountryGroupNameML, RCSInvestorCountry, RCSInvestorCountryGenealogy, RCSInvestorCountryGenealogyName, RCSInvestorCountryName, RCSIssueCountryRegisteredForSale, RCSIssueCountryRegisteredForSaleGenealogy, RCSIssueCountryRegisteredForSaleLeaf, RCSIssueCountryRegisteredForSaleLeafML, RCSIssueCountryRegisteredForSaleName, RCSIssueCountryRegisteredForSaleNameML, RCSIssuerCountry, RCSIssuerCountryGenealogy, RCSIssuerCountryLeaf, RCSIssuerCountryLeafML, RCSIssuerCountryName, RCSIssuerCountryNameML, RCSIssuerDomicileCountry, RCSIssuerDomicileCountryGenealogy, RCSIssuerDomicileCountryLeaf, RCSIssuerDomicileCountryLeafML, RCSIssuerDomicileCountryName, RCSIssuerDomicileCountryNameML, RCSLoanCountry, RCSLoanCountryGenealogy, RCSLoanCountryLeaf, RCSLoanCountryLeafML, RCSLoanCountryName, RCSLoanCountryNameML, RCSPartyCountry, RCSPartyCountryLeaf, RCSPrimaryIssueReportingCountry, RCSPrimaryIssueReportingCountryGenealogy, RCSPrimaryIssueReportingCountryLeaf, RCSPrimaryIssueReportingCountryLeafML, RCSPrimaryIssueReportingCountryName, RCSPrimaryIssueReportingCountryNameML, RCSPrimaryListingReportingCountry, RCSPrimaryListingReportingCountryGenealogy, RCSPrimaryListingReportingCountryLeaf, RCSPrimaryListingReportingCountryLeafML, RCSPrimaryListingReportingCountryName, RCSPrimaryListingReportingCountryNameML, RCSRefEntityCountry, RCSRefEntityCountryGenealogy, RCSRefEntityCountryLeaf, RCSRefEntityCountryLeafML, RCSRefEntityCountryName, RCSRefEntityCountryNameML, RCSRiskCountry, RCSRiskCountryGenealogy, RCSRiskCountryLeaf, RCSRiskCountryLeafML, RCSRiskCountryName, RCSRiskCountryNameML, RCSRiskOrganisationCountry, RCSRiskOrganisationCountryGenealogy, RCSRiskOrganisationCountryLeaf, RCSRiskOrganisationCountryLeafML, RCSRiskOrganisationCountryName, RCSRiskOrganisationCountryNameML, RCSSellerCountry, RCSSellerCountryGenealogy, RCSSellerCountryGenealogyName, RCSSellerCountryName, RCSTargetCountry, RCSTargetCountryGenealogy, RCSTargetCountryGenealogyName, RCSTargetCountryName, RCSUnderlyingAssetDomicileCountry, RCSUnderlyingAssetDomicileCountryGenealogy, RCSUnderlyingAssetDomicileCountryLeaf, RCSUnderlyingAssetDomicileCountryName, RefEntityCountry, RefEntityCountryName, RefEntityImmediateParentCountry, RefEntityImmediateParentCountryName, RefEntityRCSCountryHeadquarters, RefEntityRCSCountryHeadquartersGenealogy, RefEntityRCSCountryHeadquartersLeaf, RefEntityRCSCountryHeadquartersLeafML, RefEntityRCSCountryHeadquartersName, RefEntityRCSCountryHeadquartersNameML, RefEntityUltimateParentCountry, RefEntityUltimateParentCountryName, RepoEligBankCountry, RiskCountry, RiskCountryDescription, RiskOrganisationCountryCode, SellerCountry, TargetAdvisorCountry, TargetCountry, UnderlyingAssetDomicileCountry, UnderlyingCompanyCountryRCSCode, VesselBuilderCountry",
    top = 100)

1722937078743.png

1722937106847.png

1722937078743.png (94.7 KiB)
1722937106847.png (128.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
16 0 0 2

Thank you @jonathan.legrand for your help, I appreciate the quick response.

I managed to get "IssuerCountry": "CHN" with your request, however it seems that not all the fields are present on the searchlight api.

"Warnings": [
    "100 invalid 'select' entries were ignored: [AcquirerAdvisorCountry, AcquirerCountry, CountryBondMarketRIC, CountryBondSpeedguideRIC, CountryBradyBondChain, CountryDomesticBondMarketFRIC, CountryDomesticBondMarketMFRIC, CountryDomesticBondMarketSRIC, CountryHeadquartersName, CountryIndexFutureChain, CountryName, CountryOfIndicatorName, FundDomicileCountryId, GuarantorCountryName, InvestorAddressCountry, InvestorAddressCountryId, InvestorCountry, IRDCountry1, IRDCountry2, IRDCountryDesc1, IRDCountryDesc2, ISOCountryName, IssueCountryRegisteredForSaleCountryGroup, IssueCountryRegisteredForSaleCountryGroupName, IssueCountryRegisteredForSaleName, IssuerCountryContinentGroup, IssuerCountryName, IssuerDomicileCountryGroup, IssuerDomicileCountryGroupName, IssuerDomicileCountryName, LoanCountry, LoanCountryDescription, OldCountry, PageCountry, ParticipantRCSCountryNames, PartyCountry, PartyCountryCode, PrimaryIssueReportingCountryName, PrimaryListingReportingCountryName, RCSAcquirerCountry, RCSAcquirerCountryGenealogy, RCSAcquirerCountryGenealogyName, RCSAcquirerCountryName, RCSCurrencyCountry, RCSCurrencyCountryGenealogy, RCSCurrencyCountryLeaf, RCSCurrencyCountryLeafML, RCSCurrencyCountryName, RCSCurrencyCountryNameML, RCSInvestorCountry, RCSInvestorCountryGenealogy, RCSInvestorCountryGenealogyName, RCSInvestorCountryName, RCSLoanCountry, RCSLoanCountryGenealogy, RCSLoanCountryLeaf, RCSLoanCountryLeafML, RCSLoanCountryName, RCSLoanCountryNameML, RCSPartyCountry, RCSPartyCountryLeaf, RCSRefEntityCountry, RCSRefEntityCountryGenealogy, RCSRefEntityCountryLeaf, RCSRefEntityCountryLeafML, RCSRefEntityCountryName, RCSRefEntityCountryNameML, RCSRiskOrganisationCountry, RCSRiskOrganisationCountryGenealogy, RCSRiskOrganisationCountryLeaf, RCSRiskOrganisationCountryLeafML, RCSRiskOrganisationCountryName, RCSRiskOrganisationCountryNameML, RCSSellerCountry, RCSSellerCountryGenealogy, RCSSellerCountryGenealogyName, RCSSellerCountryName, RCSTargetCountry, RCSTargetCountryGenealogy, RCSTargetCountryGenealogyName, RCSTargetCountryName, RefEntityCountry, RefEntityCountryName, RefEntityImmediateParentCountry, RefEntityImmediateParentCountryName, RefEntityRCSCountryHeadquarters, RefEntityRCSCountryHeadquartersGenealogy, RefEntityRCSCountryHeadquartersLeaf, RefEntityRCSCountryHeadquartersLeafML, RefEntityRCSCountryHeadquartersName, RefEntityRCSCountryHeadquartersNameML, RefEntityUltimateParentCountry, RefEntityUltimateParentCountryName, RiskCountryDescription, RiskOrganisationCountryCode, SellerCountry, TargetAdvisorCountry, TargetCountry, UnderlyingAssetDomicileCountry, VesselBuilderCountry]"
  ],

Also, using the /data/entity-reference/v1/organization/company-info endpoint I can get the "Country of Legal Registration" in this case being "Cayman Islands" how would I get that field using /discovery/searchlight/v1/

Thanks again!

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @daniel.fidalgopanera, The way you went here is the best. Searchlight is the enterprise (MachineID) version of search - it contains a subset of information and content than Workspace Search endpoint due to content licensing; the search you did above allowed you to see which fields were returned for your license, and it looks like the closes one to what you are after is "IssuerCountry". If you would like access to the other fields, you may need to switch to the Workspace Search endpoint - for which you may need an upgraded LSEG license.
I will liaise with internal teams to find the exact endpoint address used for the Workspace Search endpoint.

Upvotes
16 0 0 2

Hello,

I want to use only the /discovery/searchlight/v1/ endpoint if possible. How would I get the Country of Legal Registration from searchlight? I am happy to use IssuerCountry field from searchlight to get the HQ.

Thanks again!

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @daniel.fidalgopanera, The way you went here is the best. Searchlight is the enterprise (MachineID) version of search - it contains a subset of information and content than Workspace Search endpoint due to content licensing; therefore, if you could not retrieve data for the field you were after by using the /discovery/searchlight/v1/ endpoint, it means that is is not available on that endpoint, and another will have to be used (potentially along with another LSEG license which allows for access to this Workspace Search endpoint).

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.