question

Upvotes
Accepted
14 5 5 10

Python API for Linux

Hello, my development environment is on a Linux machine and I cannot run the Refinitiv Workspace app on my local machine. I can use the Eikon API on the web portal but not locally. Is there a way to get price timeseries locally on a Linux machine using a Python API?

Thank you for your help

Davide

eikonpython#productlinux
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
24.8k 64 15 21

Hello @davide.costanzo,

The programmatic access to Workspace data is not supported on Linux. There are other enterprise products like RDP, which provide data through API access which can be used. You can speak to your LSEG account manager about these.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
27.8k 67 18 14

Hello @davide.costanzo

While my colleague already gave you a clear answer, I just want to add an additional information that with the RDP APIs, you can use either HTTP library (such as Python Requests library) or the ease-of-use Data Library for Python (see Platform Session) to get data from the RDP platform.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.