question

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

RDMS API: Metadata search is not working

I am doing the following query to the RDMS API:

query='Variable.is=Consumption+Dataset.In.is=ECMWF.Ens Weekly Long Term&MaxResults=10000'

result = requests.get('https://sprod1.rdms.refinitiv.com/api/v1/Metadata/Search?query='+query, headers=headers, verify=True)

values = result.json()

It returns other variables than consumption, like wind etc, meaning the + operator does not filter as I want to. How can I return only consumption curves?

#technologyapirdms
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
141 1 0 3

Hi,

We have picked up this question and we will get back to you with an answer shortly.

Thanks

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
141 1 0 3

Hello,

The cause of this is that the + operator does not operate within this query parameter as you expect.

In order to achieve the results you are looking for please include double quotes around consumption.

Such as:

Variable.is="Consumption"+Dataset.In.is=ECMWF.Ens Weekly Long Term

This will return CurveIDs where Variable.is is exactly equal to consumption.

I have included a help guide which will explain the syntax for the query string parameterquery-string-parameter-help-guide.png

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks

Billy

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

Thanks, now I only get consumption curves! But how do I get curves with Variable.is="Consumption" AND Dataset.In.is=ECMWF.Ens Weekly Long Term? This query does not work, as it returns also GFS curves f.ex:

query='+Variable.is="Consumption"+Dataset.In.is="ECMWF.Ens Weekly Long Term"&MaxResults=10000'

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @billy.dineen ,

Could you please check the follow-up questions.

Thanks,
AHS

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.