question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 2

When can we expect Visual Studio 2017 C++ Libraries in Elektron SDK?

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-apic++visual-studio
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

"Ask an Expert" message sent to Iain Scott to help with this question.

Hi @volblob

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Does the reply below answer your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide other community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks, AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
7.6k 15 6 9

@volblob

As far as I know we have no plan to provide Elektron SDK C++ libraries build with Visual Studio 2017.

However according to the following blog on MSDN

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/vcblog/2017/03/07/binary-compatibility-and-pain-free-upgrade-why-moving-to-visual-studio-2017-is-almost-too-easy/

I think you should be able to use Elektron SDK C++ libraries for VS2015 with VS2017. This is because VC Runtime in MSVC 2017 is binary compatible with 2015. Loading your C++ projects targeting an older C++ toolset inside Visual Studio 2017 does not change your project. Thus if you have a library built with the v140 platform toolset, that binary and your code consuming it will continue to work even if you built your code with the v141 MSVC toolset.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 1 1 2

I forgot that Elektron SDK is open source, and can therefore just build a 2017 version myself.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.