question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 0 3

Requesting and reading illogical FIDs

Sorry if it's a simple question, I couldn't find the answer using the search.

When using EMA with Java, how do I request and read the illogical FID on a specific instrument?

Thanks!

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-apijavaillogical-fid
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @jmoisson

If you do not know what FIDs are illogical FID for an instrument (RIC), you have to contact data support team. EMA Java does not know this. It returns data received from the feed according to input RICs and input FIDs(optional – if not specific, all FIDs available from the RIC is returned).

You can submit a query to ask for illogical FIDs for RICs to data support team directly via

https://my.thomsonreuters.com and click "RAISE A CASE" then "Product Support" click “I cannot find content I am looking for”. Then, a form is shown. At “Select product” fill “Thomson Reuters Elektron Real-Time”. If you have any difficulties accessing https://my.thomsonreuters.com, please contact Thomson Reuters Account team.

If you know illogical FIDs for the RICs and you would like EMA Java requests and returns only illogical FIDs for the RICs, View/Dynamic View feature can be used. Using a view, only requested FIDs are sent from the server to EMA Java. Please refer to example360__MarketPrice__View application which demonstrates how to request with view. In addition, to be able to use View/Dynamic View, ADS that the application connects to must have installed the required license, SNAP_AND_DYNAMIC_VIEW license key. Otherwise, the application may get all fields instead of requested fields or error. Please contact Thomson Reuters account team who can assist to obtain the license.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks a lot for your help!

I'm going to try this and get back to accept the reply.

Upvote
16.9k 80 39 63

Hi @jmoisson,

If you are interested in understanding which FIDs are strictly illogical, the Elektron Data Dictionary can provide this information. You will require user/password access. You can reach out to your Thomson Reuters account manager for more details.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.