For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 2 2 5

MRN ID structures

Hi,

I'm currently developing an application to consume MRN (Elektron) via RFA API.

We are currently consuming and older NFD feed which the above will be replacing.

My question is related to the structure of the data in the new feed, specifically the ID.

In the same story this morning, we had the following ID's in the feeds above:
NFD: 20170420-073628004-nL8N1HS1AX-1-2
MRN: L8N1HS1AX_1704202aO8cjK3Mv0Q8P0a9EuJE/sMBuduop5jvxAX0o

Why are the ID's different in each feed?

Many thanks.

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkrfamrn
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @richard.curtis

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply?

This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks
AHS

Hello @richard.curtis,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
4.4k 10 6 9

Hi @richard.curtis

I believe you are comparing MRN's Item ID to NFD's Unique story index. These two IDs are not meant to be the same.

Comparing news across delivery methods is a bit complicate. The only ID that meant to be the same across all delivery methods is Primary News Access Code or PNAC.

However, PNAC itself is not unique. It is news access code, not news unique id. Each PNAC, when assigned to a news, is valid for that news for 24 hours only. After 24 hours, it can be reassigned to another news.

The PNAC is in "altId" field for MRN delivery. and in "PNAC" field for older delivery.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

hi @richard.curtis

Please note that the old and new are not always 100% comparable since the newer feed carries enhanced / improved data.

Although you should be able re-create the id in MRN_STORY using the altId, versionCreated, takeSequence, and urgency, it can occasionally vary a bit: versionCreated may be off by 1 second, and takeSequence may be off by 1 or 2 for alerts

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 2

Hi @Umer-Nalla, I was looking to reconstruct the id =

20180124-201857000-nL2N1PJ1ZX-2-6

in MRN. I do have the following information i.e.

altid=nL8N1PK0S5,

VersionCreated = 2018-01-24 20:18:57.000

takeSequence = 2

But urgency = 3.

Please can you suggest me which value corresponds to '6' in this.

icon clock
10 |1500

Have referred question to Jarhed.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.